Makes 6 Servings
Macros: 137 cal, fat 10g, carbs 11g, protein 2g, fibre 3g
- 3/4 cup neutral oil (safflower, grapeseed) - 1/4 cup vinegar - 1 tsp celery seed - 1 tsp dry mustard - 1 tsp salt - 3 tbsp honey - 1/4 cup roughly chopped onion - 1 lb cabbage shredded - 2 carrots shredded - 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
For the dressing:
- In a large glass measuring cup or blender container, combine the oil, vinegar, celery seed, dry mustard, salt, honey, and onion. Blend with a countertop or immersion blender until emulsified and smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use, for up to one month.
For the coleslaw:
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and carrot. Add dressing to taste. It is best to start with a smaller amount of dressing, about ⅓, and stir well. Taste and add more if needed. Top with sunflower seeds and serve.
- The coleslaw can be made two hours ahead of time. The thicker the cabbage is cut, the longer it will hold up in the refrigerator before breaking down.
- Add the sunflower seeds right before serving.