Shrimp and Mango Summer Rolls
Makes 12 Servings:
Macros: 159cal, fat 5g, carbs 23g, protein 7g, fibre 2g
For the sweet Thai chili sauce:
⅔ cup store-bought sweet Thai chili sauce
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons ﬁsh sauce
2 tablespoons tahini
zest and juice of 1 lime
1 (1-inch) knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 garlic clove, minced or grated
For the summer rolls:
juice of 1 lime
1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
1 yellow or red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
¼ cup chopped fresh Thai basil or regular basil
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
24 cooked small shrimp, tails removed
12 rice paper wrappers
freshly ground pepper
chopped peanuts, for garnish
1. I always like to prepare the sauce first. To do so, in a small bowl, whisk together the Thai chili sauce, soy sauce, ﬁsh sauce, tahini, lime zest, lime juice, ginger, and garlic until smooth and combined.
2. Now let’s make the summer rolls. Squeeze a little lime juice over the sliced avocado, being sure to coat the pieces so they don’t brown.
3. Set up an assembly line of the avocado, bell pepper, carrot, cabbage, herbs, mango, and shrimp.
4. Fill a shallow medium bowl with warm water. Working with one rice paper sheet at a time, soak the sheet in the warm water for about 10 seconds, until softened. Transfer to a work surface, narrow edge toward you. On the end of the rice paper closest to you, layer 1 or 2 slices of avocado, basil, mint, mango, 2 cooked shrimp, and a handful of the veggies. Be careful not to overstuff the wrappers. Season with pepper.
5. Fold both short sides into the center of the paper and roll the sheet away from your body as tightly as possible without ripping the wrapper. Place the ﬁnished rolls on a serving platter, seam-side down, and cover with a damp dish towel to keep the rolls from drying out.
6. Sprinkle the ﬁnished rolls with chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve with the sweet Thai chili sauce alongside for dipping.